Free Credits All Networks.
* one whole chicken, two to three pounds, de-boned (see below)
* one pound yams (or potatoes, or sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into quarters
* one pound chicken meat, white or dark (no bones)
* cooking oil for frying chicken
* one small onion, chopped
* one tomato, chopped (or a spoonful of tomato paste or tomato sauce)
* a handful of parsley, chopped
* a few mint leaves, chopped
* salt and black pepper, to taste Method
* Boil the yams (or potatoes, or sweet potatoes) until tender. When tender, remove from water andmash.
* While yams are cooking, fry the chicken meat (not the whole chicken) in a few tablespoons of oil. When nearly done add the onion and tomato. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
* Add the chicken-onion-tomato mixture to the mashed yam (or its substitute). Add parsley, mint, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
* Stuff the de-boned chicken with the yam-chicken mixture. Sew the chicken closed with a needle and cooking string. Rub with butter or oil, salt and pepper.
* Steam the stuffed chicken for two hours in a large Dutch oven (place the chicken on something to keep it out of the boiling water), then baste it with oil or butter and bake or grill it until it is golden brown. — Or — Bake or grill the stuffed chicken until it is browned, then wrap it in foil to allow it to continue to cook until fully done. Either way, be sure to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Make sure to check the temperature of both the whole chicken and the stuffing
* Serve Ginger Beer or Green Tea with Mint with or after the meal. Deboning a chicken takes some practice. You may want to ask your butcher to provide you with a de-boned bird. If you want to try it yourself, you may wish to refer to one of the many fine Turducken websites for instructions on de-boning fowl. (Use the search engines below to search for Turducken, which, by the way, is a de-boned chicken stuffed into a de-boned duck stuffed into a de-boned turkey.) Barbara Baëta gives these instructions: “Remove all the bones from a dressed chicken by slitting the skin and the flesh down the backbone. With a very sharp pointed knife, work the framework of bones out of the chicken. Cut the leg bones to leave 1/2 inch of knuckle at the end of each for tidy appearance.”
Watch Ghana TV Stations Streaming Live Online Now!
Find Out More About Ashanti Chicken Recipe
Find Business & Locations Related To Ashanti Chicken Recipe
Watch Videos On : Ashanti Chicken Recipe
Login to join 'Group Chat' for this page