BECE candidates asked to confirm SHS selection
"The Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) Secretariat of Ghana Education Service (GES) has received the final list of Senior High Schools and Technical Institutes choices made by the 2017 BECE candidates themselves and compiled by West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) for the 2017 placement exercise which would commence soon.
"As part of the preparations, parents and guardians of Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) candidates have the opportunity to confirm their four (4) choices of schools made prior to the selection and placement exercise in September," the statement said.
"The Ghana Education Service is confident that the confirmation of school choice made by candidates would bring about acceptance of the schools into which they are placed without the usual plea to the CSSPS Secretariat for change of such schools, although the choices were made by the candidates themselves," it added.
To confirm the schools selected, parents are advised to text the 10 digit index numbers of the candidates to short code 1060 of any of the following networks: MTN, Vodafone, Airtel and Tigo.
For example, a candidate with Index number 0099999999 should text; 0099999999 to short code 1060 on any of the networks above.
Candidates whose schools of choice are different from those that appear after texting are advised to contact their Junior High Schools or the District/Regional Education Directorate for immediate rectification.
Published by GWS Online GH : 2017-07-26
Do you have News to share? Simply email us.
News Archive - Recent Articles
- BECE Candidates Asked To Confirm SHS Selection
- BNI To Deal With CSSPS Extortionists
- NSS Personnel Assaulted Allegedly By Soldiers During Chaotic Registrations
- National Lottery Authority Board Inaugurated By Deputy Minister
- NSS Takes Measures To Arrest Fraudsters From Monday As Registration Begins
- WAEC Releases 2017 WASSCE Provisional Results
- Scholarships For Cocoa Farmers Children On Course
- Koforidua Technical University To Offer Scholarships For Women
- NSS Personnel Cry Out Over Electronic Checking System
- 2017/2018 National Service Registration Postponed
¦ Page 1 ¦ Page 2 ¦ Page 3 ¦ Page 4 ¦ Page 5 ¦ Page 6 ¦ Page 7 ¦ Page 8 ¦ Page 9 ¦ Page 10 ¦ Page 11 ¦ Page 12 ¦ Page 13 ¦ Page 14 ¦ Page 15 ¦ Page 16 ¦ Page 17 ¦ Page 18 ¦ Page 19 ¦ Page 20 ¦ Page 21 ¦ Page 22 ¦ Page 23 ¦ Page 24 ¦ Page 25 ¦ Page 26 ¦ Page 27 ¦ Page 28 ¦ Page 29 ¦ Page 30 ¦ Page 31 ¦ Page 32 ¦ Page 33 ¦