Basic Education Extended to SHS - GES
The Ghana Education Service has said the new curriculum being introduced by the service will extend basic education from the primary level to the Senior High School level.
He said the changes are holistic and will affect every aspect of the education process of the country.
“The reforms we are interested in is the whole school reform where we consider the entire educational system and all levels. We need reforms in the content of education, teaching and other aspects. Per the new reform, basic education will mean education from KG through to SHS,” director general of the GES Prof. Kwasi Opoku Amankwa told Francis Abban on the Morning Starr Monday.
He said the new approach to studies in schools will ensure that children are able to fully grasp what is being taught bu teachers.
“Children need to be consistently assessed so the teacher, school, students and parents will know if their children are performing and acquiring knowledge as expected. At Primary 2,4 & 6, we’ll conduct national assessment to help us identify the challenges students have. Teachers will however continue with their class tests and works”.
Professor Opoku Amankwa also justified the decision to introduce new uniforms for students.
“We want to start psyching the students for what is ahead. The curriculum is about changing and it is important the students know and start seeing themselves as seniors hence the change of uniform,” he stated.
According to him, the service expects parents to provide the uniforms to their wards “like they have always done.” Nonetheless, the government may assume responsibility for deprived communities.
Published by GWS Online GH : 2019-04-15
Do you have News to share? Simply email us.
News Archive - Recent Articles
- WAEC WASSCE Timetable For July 20, 2020 Examinations Released
- NSS Releases Enrolment Codes For Prospective Final Year National Service Personnel For 2020/21
- NLA Officially Takes Over *959# Shortcode From Keed Ghana
- NLA Cautions Public Against Illegal Short Code And Activities Of Lotto Fraudsters
- Recruitment For Trained Nurses And Midwives To Commence - Ministry Of Health
- NLA Introduces New Channels For Staking Lotto In Locked-down Areas 6/4/2020
- WAEC's Decision To Close Down All Public And Private Schools Amid COVID-19 Is A Step In Right Direction
- NLA Ghana Introduces New E-lottery Games April 2020
- NLA 5/90 Draws And VAG Lotto Games On Hold Amid 2-weeks Coronavirus Lockdown
- National Service 2020/2021: Postings For 9,000 Nurses Released
¦ Page 1 ¦ Page 2 ¦ Page 3 ¦ Page 4 ¦ Page 5 ¦ Page 6 ¦ Page 7 ¦ Page 8 ¦ Page 9 ¦ Page 10 ¦ Page 11 ¦ Page 12 ¦ Page 13 ¦ Page 14 ¦ Page 15 ¦ Page 16 ¦ Page 17 ¦ Page 18 ¦ Page 19 ¦ Page 20 ¦ Page 21 ¦ Page 22 ¦ Page 23 ¦ Page 24 ¦ Page 25 ¦ Page 26 ¦ Page 27 ¦ Page 28 ¦ Page 29 ¦ Page 30 ¦ Page 31 ¦ Page 32 ¦ Page 33 ¦ Page 34 ¦ Page 35 ¦ Page 36 ¦ Page 37 ¦ Page 38 ¦ Page 39 ¦ Page 40 ¦
Login to chat with other members
|Members logged in (26) : Princeone Manizm franklindk63 bramintah Bekoe Yau Mustapha Monicoy Obiba Abeiku Cobby Trentz Benjamin Adjei General Godwill atta kojoe Kaylanarrh1/ Zealbb Plawson daddy30 Stellaagba Baphem Dukeprince STRIKER 1 Bombay makchev spendybae kpoha GWS_Admin|
|Scripture Reading: Tuesday, 11 Aug 20|
|Coronavirus Live Tracker - Live Updates|
|List of Members Registered on GWS Online GH|