National Lottery Authority Board inaugurated by Deputy Minister
Mr Kwaku Kwarteng, the Deputy Minister of Finance, has sworn in a seven-member board for the National Lottery Authority (NLA), with a call on members to help revolutionize the Lottery Industry in the country and to increase revenue generation streams.
"I charge the Chairman and Board members to put in place measures to maximize the revenue generation mandate of NLA," he said.
He asked the members to carry out their functions as set out in the NLA ACT.
Responding, the Board Chairman of NLA, Torgbui Francis Nyonyo assured the Minister that the Authority would work to enhance revenue generation.
He said the NLA had the capacity to improve its operations and to block all revenue leakages in the system.
"My administration will ensure that transparent policies are brought to bear by the management team on their day to day performance of the NLA.
He said adherence to transparent policies, the NLA would increase the revenue generation and contribute its quota to the needed developmental goals of the country in line with the NLA Act.
Torgbui Nyonyo said the NLA would anchor its policies on consensus building among stakeholders.
He said there was the need to learn the best practices from the developed countries that had used the lottery industry to develop their countries.
He said the Board would diligently work to extend the industry to the door-step of Ghanaians.
He gave the assurance that the Board would ensure that the NLA achieved its full potential.
"We will do this through the mandate given to the authority in the 1960 Lotto and Betting (Act 94) and National Lotto Act, 2006(Act 722) to be the integral part of the revenue generation to contribute to the national development," he stressed.
He stated that the Board, with the help of management would ensure that NLA gained the needed international recognition and strike acquaintances both domestically and with overseas organizations.
Torgbui Nyonyo said the board would work within the remit of the laws governing the NLA and other relevant laws.
Published by GWS Online GH : 2017-07-26
Do you have News to share? Simply email us.
News Archive - Recent Articles
- WAEC WASSCE Timetable For July 20, 2020 Examinations Released
- NSS Releases Enrolment Codes For Prospective Final Year National Service Personnel For 2020/21
- NLA Officially Takes Over *959# Shortcode From Keed Ghana
- NLA Cautions Public Against Illegal Short Code And Activities Of Lotto Fraudsters
- Recruitment For Trained Nurses And Midwives To Commence - Ministry Of Health
- NLA Introduces New Channels For Staking Lotto In Locked-down Areas 6/4/2020
- WAEC's Decision To Close Down All Public And Private Schools Amid COVID-19 Is A Step In Right Direction
- NLA Ghana Introduces New E-lottery Games April 2020
- NLA 5/90 Draws And VAG Lotto Games On Hold Amid 2-weeks Coronavirus Lockdown
- National Service 2020/2021: Postings For 9,000 Nurses Released
¦ Page 1 ¦ Page 2 ¦ Page 3 ¦ Page 4 ¦ Page 5 ¦ Page 6 ¦ Page 7 ¦ Page 8 ¦ Page 9 ¦ Page 10 ¦ Page 11 ¦ Page 12 ¦ Page 13 ¦ Page 14 ¦ Page 15 ¦ Page 16 ¦ Page 17 ¦ Page 18 ¦ Page 19 ¦ Page 20 ¦ Page 21 ¦ Page 22 ¦ Page 23 ¦ Page 24 ¦ Page 25 ¦ Page 26 ¦ Page 27 ¦ Page 28 ¦ Page 29 ¦ Page 30 ¦ Page 31 ¦ Page 32 ¦ Page 33 ¦ Page 34 ¦ Page 35 ¦ Page 36 ¦ Page 37 ¦ Page 38 ¦ Page 39 ¦ Page 40 ¦
|Scripture Reading: Thursday, 24 Sep 20|
|Coronavirus Live Tracker - Live Updates|
|List of Members Registered on GWS Online GH|