|31 Jan 2020||Glencore Plc|
HSE Supervisor , 31 Jan 2020
An opportunity exists for a career as a Supervisor, to be part of the Glencore Environmental, Health and Safety team. This role is residential - 5/2/4/3 roster; Reporting to the Superintendent – Health, Safety and Training, you will be responsible for providing expert advice and assistance across our designated regional operation sites, to ensure the safety of the workforce through the management and maintenance of the Health and Safety Management system. You will also lead a team of Safety Advisors, to continuously improve our safety culture and management systems, and strive to foster safety citizenship, in line with our Glencore values. At Glencore, we pride ourselves on a strong safety culture, built on clearly demonstrated leadership commitment. Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our global network comprises more than 90+ offices located in over 50+ countries, plus we have over 150+ mining and metallurgical sites, offshore oil production assets, farms and agricultural facilities. We employ approximately 190,000 people and it’s these people that we value above all else. They are our greatest asset. In addition to a competitive salary, we know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Our strategy is to maintain and build upon our position as a leading integrated producer and marketer of commodities worldwide. We always seek to recruit best talents globally and annually to match this multinational continuous growth objective. Join us and let’s grow together.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Ensure Glencore emergency management plan is in place and will lead any crisis and emergency management responses on the Glencore site.
• Support and coach line management to improve safety outcomes at site.
• Incident management process.
• Maintain an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
• Ensure compliance with Glencore Health and Safety policies and relevant legislation
• Provide expert advice to line managers and the Glencore workforce.
• Ensure compliance with the Glencore Charter, the internal policies, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
• Lead the crisis and emergency management plan tactical response and related activities on the Glencore site.
• Coordinate emergency response training requirements including hazmat response, mine rescue and fire fighting.
• Advice and coach line management to enable the implementation of leading health and safety practices throughout the operation.
• Assist line areas to identify report, investigate and mitigate incidents and hazards within established systems.
• Provide assurance to line management that health and safety risks are identified, assessed and controlled.
• Assist with the delivery of safety-related services (eg HSE-related training and on boarding; security and site access)
• Foster communication and consultation with internal and external stakeholders on health and safety matters.
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
• A relevant tertiary qualification, demonstrated previous experience in a supervisory role, preferably in the progressive industry.
• This role requires experience in emergency response and crisis management.
• Ability to coach and influence stakeholders.
• Be a driver of positive change, having the ability to effectively communicate within all work groups.
• Successfully support business objectives through leading by example and building strong partnerships across site.
• Ability to work within a busy team and with operational departments.
• Must have a strong drive to achieve goals and ability to multi-task and prioritise.
• Must have a high degree of safety awareness and a pro-active attitude towards safety improvements.
• Extensive knowledge of the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act and Regulations.
• Proficiency in the MS Office Suite are also required.
• Health and safety experience in industrial capacity.
[email protected] 0303206592
Login to chat with other members
|Members logged in (28) : Moyata Isaac arthur Letsa Joseph Enoque allrespect20 Krish elinam Crossing Gattuso Emma doe Dukeprince Jackk Bismark Dakogre Adu solomon cyrilking Jephthah Mordred amigojnr August Adel Oliver ato sulley rafiu Abigail Kwaakye Princeone Manizm makchev spendybae kpoha GWS_Admin|
|Scripture Reading: Thursday, 13 Aug 20|
|Coronavirus Live Tracker - Live Updates|
|List of Members Registered on GWS Online GH|