SHOKO – BEEF AND SPINACH STEW!!
6 small canned tomatoes, with juice
1 whole fresh hot chili
4 medium onions, whole
1/4 cup green bell pepper
6 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb stewing beef, cut in cubes
1 cup water [or beef broth]
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cayenne [more or less to taste]
1 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
3/4 to 1 lb fresh spinach
1. Reserve 1/2 cup of juice from the canned tomatoes, and discard the
rest of the juice. Combine the chili, tomatoes, onions, and green bell
pepper in a food processor, and process until the vegetables are
minced but not pureed.
2. Heat the oil in a large, cast-iron pot, and sauté the vegetables and
beef for 5 minutes over high heat.
3. Add the reserved tomato juice, water sugar, salt, cayenne, and
ginger. Cover, lower the heat, and simmer for 2 hours. Stir
occasionally to keep from burning.
4. Meanwhile, soak the spinach in warm water for 15 minutes. Then
rinse thoroughly, separate, rinse again (and even a third time if you
want to be extra careful), shred coarsely, and set aside.
5. After 2 hours, add the spinach to the pot and cook over medium
heat for 30 minutes, until the water is gone and the spinach is cooked.
6. About half an hour before serving, prepare boiled rice. Serve Shoko
Listen To London Radio Stations Streaming Live Online Now!
Find Out More About Shoko - Beef And Spinach Stew Recipe
Watch Videos On : Shoko - Beef And Spinach Stew Recipe