Information for Undergraduate Applicants
(Advanced Level/Mature/ABCE/GBCE/IB and WASSCE/SSSCE Candidates)
It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that Application Forms for Admission to Degree/Diploma/Top-Up Programmes of Study at the University for the Academic Year are now on sale.
The Sale of Admission Forms is open to the following Applicants:
- Candidates who have Examination Results as at the time of Application.
- 2017 Candidates awaiting results may apply.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in any Three Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
- ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE 'O' Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level obtained in Five (5) years and above.
ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the Programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and credits in Three (3) Elective Subjects or Six (6) credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O' Level including English Language and Mathematics.
- MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of Application and have credits in Five (5) GCE 'O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D, Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O' Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS (online application only) and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognised institution.
Points of Sale:
- All Ghana Post Regional and Designated Post Offices
Cost of application form
- A set of Application Forms, comprising copies of Admission Requirements for the various Programmes of Study, Guidelines for the Completion of Application Forms, Prepaid EMS Envelopes and Forms costs GH¢180.00.
- Applicants are required to purchase and submit one set of application forms ONLY. Any applicant who submits more than one set of forms SHALL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Programmes of Study
All Completed Application Forms should be submitted by Post (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX) on or before Friday, 2nd September to
The Deputy Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology
Private Mail Bag
Contact: +233 (0) 3220 61831/ 60444 / +233 (0) 500 482 807 / +233 (0) 240 130 946
- Application forms submitted by hand delivery shall not be processed.
Any application form that is not fully and or properly completed (hard copy and online) at the time of submission shall not be processed and/or considered.
A Fee-Paying Facility is available to Applicants who do not meet the Competitive Departmental/Faculty Requirements and Cut-Off Points but satisfy the Minimum Entry Requirements of Aggregate 24 or better. Applicants who wish to take advantage of this facility should indicate this when filling online Application forms.
- Only Results and/or Documents Provided by Applicants at the Time of Submission of Applications Shall be considered.
- Applicants (Excluding Awaiting Results Candidates) Shall Include in their Application Forms Photocopies of their Results Slips and/or Certificates as Well as Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate.
- An Applicant's Failure To Input Grades and/ or Other Relevant Information Properly on the Forms/Online Shall Deny the Applicant Admission to a Programme of Study at the University
- Admissions to All Programmes of Study at the University are Transparently Administered by the Central Undergraduate Admissions Board without any other Considerations and/ or Solicitations. Any Applicant who makes any form of Solicitation to any Person or Group of Persons for the Purpose of Influencing and/or Gaining Admission into the University does So at His/Her own risk.
- Mandatory Requirement: All Applicants are required to Visit the University's Website (www.knust.edu.gh) to complete their Application Process Online. Candidates are to Use the E-Voucher provided at the Time of Purchase of the Forms for this Purpose. Failure to do so renders the Application invalid
- Registered General Nursing (Rgn) Diploma Holders, State Registered Nurses and Diploma in Midwifery Holders Applying for BSc Nursing & BSc Midwifery as well as all Candidates Applying for, BSc Midwifery Sandwich & BSc Emergency Nursing and Cadidates Applying for Diploma in General Nursing, Diploma in Midwifery & Diploma in Community Health Nursing Should Note that the Closing Date for the Submission of their Application is Thursday 31st March.
Please click for Undergraduate Programmes