The Ghana Prisons Service Recruitment will start on 23rd May 2017
Ghana Prisons Service is an equal opportunity employer, hence Applicants MUST refuse offers from "connection men". Do not pay money to anyone.
General Requirements For Ghana Prisons Service
ENLISTMENT INTO THE GHANA PRISONS SERVICE
COMMISSIONED OFFICERS CATEGORY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for enlistment into the Superior Officers Ranks of the Ghana Prisons Service.
a) Must be a Ghanaian by birth
b) Be not more than thirty-five (35) years old by 31st December, of the year of application.
c) Be medically and physically fit by Prisons Service standards
d) Possess no criminal record
e) Must be not less than 1.67 metres (5 feet 6 inches) tall for male and 1.57 metres (5 feet 2 inches) tall for female
CATEGORIES AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
a) GENERAL DUTIES: A good first degree in humanities from a recognised university.
b) LAW: Must be called to the Bar with at least two (2) years working experience.
c) ACCOUNTS: CSA, AIA, ACCA, ACA, CA Part II or its equivalent.
d) PUBLIC RELATIONS: Bachelor of Arts (BA) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Communication studies with at least two (2) years relevant working experience.
e) ENGINEERING: B.Sc (Civil / Structural/ Mechanical) with at least two (2) years working experience).
f) ICT: B.Sc (Computer Science/IT)
I. A good first degree from a recognised university.
II. An ordained minister or Imam from a recognised religious body
h) ARCHITECTURE: A member of Ghana Institute of Architects (GIA)
i) AGRICULTURE: B.Sc (Agric) with at least two (2) years working experience.
RANKS ON GRADUATION
All candidates will start with the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Prisons after successful Cadet Training. Successful applicants who are qualified members of recognised Professional Bodies in Ghana may start with the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Prisons. Applicants with qualifications higher than those advertised need not apply or be prepared to fill vacancies in the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Prisons ONLY.
TRAINING: All successful applicants will be required to undergo a minimum of six (6) months Officer Cadet training at the Prison Officers Training School.
i. Presenters of false certificates or impersonators will be arrested and prosecuted.
All Recruitment Applications must be done online only.
1. Purchase an e-voucher at any GCB Bank Limited across the country at the cost of One Hundred Ghana Cedis [GH100.00] only.
2. Give your full official name (Applicant) at the point of purchase.
3. Use your Serial Number [SN] and Pin Code[PIN] to access the application form online at the website address:
>>Recruitment Website<<. (The SN and PIN can be used to print a summary of your application online)
4. Keep your SN and PIN for all stages of the recruitment process.
5. The online application form is accessible only by the SN andPIN.
6. Carefully follow instructions before you apply.
7. ALL correspondence with applicants will be done through e-mail and text messages only.
8. Only Short-listed Applicants will be invited for further stages of the recruitment exercise.
9. Do NOT submit more than one application online otherwise you will be disqualified.
ADMINISTRATION/ RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Applicants are responsible for their own transportation, feeding, accommodation and other expenses throughout the recruitment exercise.
1. Applicants who meet the initial requirements will be short-listed and invited to centres of their choice for further processes.
2. Short-listed applicants will be invited for the following:
a. Physical and Body screening
b. Written Examination
c. Inspection and verification of all necessary documents
e. Medical Examination
3. Results submitted during the application process would be verified at WAEC henceApplicants who present false documents would be arrested and prosecuted.
4. Candidates who are successful in  above will go through a thorough criminal and background check.
5. Applicants who are cleared of criminal records would be invited to commence training.
1. Sale of E-Voucher Commences on 26th May and Ends on 17th June, 2017.
2. Online registration Starts on 30th May and Ends on 19th June, 2017.
3. The Ghana Prisons Service is an equal opportunity employer, hence Applicants MUST refuse offers from "connection men". Do not pay money to anyone.
4. Applicants must note that higher certificates apart from those specified shall not be accepted.
5. Apart from selected applicants with Diploma in Registered General/Psychiatric Nursing and Agriculture who will be appropriately placed, all other applicants will start from Second Class Officer Rank after completion of training.
6. Applicants with Technical qualifications who are selected will assemble at the Prisons Officers Training School in Accra for practical test. The dates and time would be communicated to them in course of the recruitment process.
>>Ghana Prisons Service Official Website<<