Nurse raped by Doctor at Essikado Hospital
Officials of the Essikado Hospital in the Sekondi Takoradi Metropolis could not confirm report about an alleged rape case involving a trainee nurse and a medical doctor.
A source claimed that the doctor (named withheld) invited the trainee nurse who was on night duty on Tuesday evening January 10, to his office and sexually abused her.
The nurse according to the source reported the incident to a senior nursing officer about her ordeal.
Dr Emmanuel Tinkorang, Western Regional Director of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), however could not confirm the incident to the Ghana News Agency (GNA).
In a related development Mr Kusi Boachie, Head of Administration of the Effia-Nkwanta Regional Hospital confirmed the incident to the GNA and expressed worry about it.
"I am told of a similar rape incident involving the doctor at Sefwi Wiawso and Bibiana District Hospitals and I wonder why such characters are still within our hospitals,” he said.
Mr Boachie called on the government and the GHS to take a look into the governance structure of hospitals to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
Published by GWS Online GH : 2017-01-16
News Archive - Recent Articles
- 42 New Community Day SHS To Admit Fresh Students
- GRASAG Hits Streets Over Bursaries, Thesis Grants
- AIG Opens Applications For 2017 Governance And Public Leadership Scholarships
- NSS Releases First Batch Of Extension Postings
- List Of 3,320 Prospective Police Recruits Out
- WAEC To Release Remaining 2016 BECE Results By Friday
- Another 'GYEEDA' Loot In Motion: NDC Foot-soldiers Recruited As YEA 'nurses'
- Trainee Nurses To Protest Over Allowance Delays, Posting Issues
- 'Jobless Nurses': We Are Not Rejecting Postings To Rural Areas; Gov't Lied - Nurses
- Unemployed Graduate Nurses Threaten To Picket At Health Ministry