Nurse raped by Doctor at Essikado Hospital
Officials of the Essikado Hospital in the Sekondi Takoradi Metropolis could not confirm report about an alleged rape case involving a trainee nurse and a medical doctor.
A source claimed that the doctor (named withheld) invited the trainee nurse who was on night duty on Tuesday evening January 10, to his office and sexually abused her.
The nurse according to the source reported the incident to a senior nursing officer about her ordeal.
Dr Emmanuel Tinkorang, Western Regional Director of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), however could not confirm the incident to the Ghana News Agency (GNA).
In a related development Mr Kusi Boachie, Head of Administration of the Effia-Nkwanta Regional Hospital confirmed the incident to the GNA and expressed worry about it.
"I am told of a similar rape incident involving the doctor at Sefwi Wiawso and Bibiana District Hospitals and I wonder why such characters are still within our hospitals,” he said.
Mr Boachie called on the government and the GHS to take a look into the governance structure of hospitals to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
Published by GWS Online GH : 2017-01-16
News Archive - Recent Articles
- Julius Debrah Awards Two Students With Scholarships
- NPP MP Candidate Secures Scholarship For 45 Students
- Sixteen Ghanaians Get Australian Scholarships
- Approved Fees For Senior High Schools (SHS) By GES
- Call For Applications For Timothy Ansah Memorial Foundation Scholarships 2016/2017 Academic Year
- Lawyer Ampaw Threatens To Sue WAEC For Withholding Test Results
- Lebanese Community Awards 15 Law Students With Scholarships
- Already Zeus By Denk Ills (Produced By Fox) - Out Now!
- Call For Applications For Total Petroleum Ghana Limited (TPGL) Scholarships For 2016/2017 Academic Year
- Vodafone Ghana Foundation Award Scholarships To UEW Students