Kumasi boy wins Gh₵990,650 from Gh₵4 football bet
A Kumasi resident named Kwame Fosuhene is arguably the luckiest man in Ghana after winning a whopping Gh₵990,650 ($213,278) from a Gh₵4 (86 cents) bet he placed on football games.
Fosuhene bet on 15 matches across the English Premier League, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga and German Bundesliga and the English Championship in Betway's 'Colossus Bet' promotion to win the unusual amount on March 6, Ghana's independence day.
It is understood that the punter stood to cross the million mark (GH₵1,600,000 to be exact) but chose to pull out before the Monday night Premier League game between Chelsea and West Ham United.
Betway Ghana confirmed the win, touted to be the biggest amount to be won in Ghana's sports betting history. The betting firm originally did not disclose Kwame's surname, but it was later revealed by Accra-based Daily Graphic to be Fosuhene.
According to the Daily Graphic, Fosuhene will receive a one-time payment from Betway Ghana before the end of the month, while receiving some financial advice as well.
Meanwhile, Betway Ghana says the magnitude of the amount will not collapse their operations in the country.
Responding to a tweet from a concerned observer, the firm said they are "just fine".
Published by GWS Online GH : 2017-03-14
News Archive - Recent Articles
- Kumasi Boy Wins Gh₵990,650 From Gh₵4 Football Bet
- Blame Hackers For GH¢127,000 Record Betting Wins - Supabets
- Student At St. James Emerges Best 2016 WASSCE Candidate
- Police Arrest Recruitment Scam Suspects
- Ghana Tops WAEC Annual International Competition Awards Again
- Nigerian Startup ScholarX Expands To Ghana
- Best BECE Candidates Awarded
- DCOP Yeboah - Police Must Conduct Thorough Screening For Recruitment
- The 2017 Budget Statement - List Of Reviewed And Abolished Taxes
- Admissions Panic At Mafi-Kumase SSTS