NSS releases first batch of extension postings
The management of the National Service Scheme (NSS) has released the new placement for 2015/2016 National Service personnel who applied to extend their period of service.
According to a statement issued by the Secretariat and signed by Executive Director, Dr. Michael Kpessah-Whyte, interested personnel were posted mainly to user agencies in the public sector including educational institutions, Metropolitan Municipal and District Assemblies.
The statement said, "service personnel would be required to use their existing NSS numbers to print their new appointment letters from the Scheme's website, and proceed to the various NSS regional secretariats to register before the start of the service extension on 1st October, 2016."
The Service personnel who have been offered the opportunity are required to produce their 2015/2016 NSS I.D. cards and any other form of identification at the registration centres before they would be allowed to register.
'National service extension'
In July this year, the National Service Secretariat said it was offering an optional extension of six months to service personnel still at post who wish to be redeployed for duty.
In a statement signed and issued in Accra, the Acting Executive Director of the Scheme, Dr. Michael Kpessa-Whyte, said notwithstanding the official end of the 2015/2016 service year in August.
The Public Relations Officer for the National Service Scheme (NSS), Ambrose Entsiwah Jnr in an interview on Citi News said the extension was introduced after the scheme received a number of appeals.
He said, "somewhere last month, the executives of NAFTA across the country, had a meeting in Accra and as part of their resolutions, petitioned the board through the management to government to offer them some sort of extension".
By: Jonas Nyabor/Citifmonline
Published by GWS Online GH : 2016-09-25
Do you have News to share? Simply email us.
News Archive - Recent Articles
- NSS Releases First Batch Of Extension Postings
- List Of 3,320 Prospective Police Recruits Out
- WAEC To Release Remaining 2016 BECE Results By Friday
- Another 'GYEEDA' Loot In Motion: NDC Foot-soldiers Recruited As YEA 'nurses'
- Trainee Nurses To Protest Over Allowance Delays, Posting Issues
- 'Jobless Nurses': We Are Not Rejecting Postings To Rural Areas; Gov't Lied - Nurses
- Unemployed Graduate Nurses Threaten To Picket At Health Ministry
- WAEC Withholds BECE Results Of 321 Schools
- WAEC Releases Provisional Results For 2016 BECE
- Methodist Church Ghana Awards Scholarships To 80 SHS Students
¦ Page 1 ¦ Page 2 ¦ Page 3 ¦ Page 4 ¦ Page 5 ¦ Page 6 ¦ Page 7 ¦ Page 8 ¦ Page 9 ¦ Page 10 ¦ Page 11 ¦ Page 12 ¦ Page 13 ¦ Page 14 ¦ Page 15 ¦ Page 16 ¦ Page 17 ¦ Page 18 ¦ Page 19 ¦ Page 20 ¦ Page 21 ¦ Page 22 ¦ Page 23 ¦ Page 24 ¦ Page 25 ¦ Page 26 ¦ Page 27 ¦ Page 28 ¦ Page 29 ¦ Page 30 ¦ Page 31 ¦