Ghana passports soon to have chips embedded
The Passport Office is banking on the successful rollout of the national ID system to significantly enhance its operations and stem the illegal acquisition of Ghanaian passports by foreigners.
At a news conference in Accra on Wednesday, the Passport Office also announced it will soon roll out the chip-embedded passports to further enhance the security of the travel document and make it a lot more difficult for it to be faked.
"With the biometric passports that we are using now, the security features are enormous even though it is not up to the e-passports which is where we want to get to," said Director of Passports, Emmanuel Enos told Joy News' Hannah Odame.
Officials have meanwhile been celebrating what they say is a marked improvement in their processes which makes the acquisition of a passport possible in three days.
Director of Passports, Emmanuel Enos, said his outfit currently processes between up to 300 passports every day.
A newly introduced online passport application platform is enabling Ghanaians in the diaspora whose passports are about to expire and who are planning to return home could easily apply for a Ghanaian passport through the online portal prior to their return home.
Published by GWS Online GH : 2017-09-28
Do you have News to share? Simply email us.
News Archive - Recent Articles
- INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION IS STILL AN EQUAL CHOICE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURSUIT
- WASSCE Now Moved To May/June From 2018
- NSS Personnel Busted In Social Media Fraud Syndicate - PHOTOS
- Issifu Dasmani Laary Adjudged Best Energy Reporter
- Latest Police Recruitment Age Amendments
- Ghana Government To Scrap Taxes On Lotteries
- Police Recruitment Begins On Monday 20th November
- UG Vandals Graduation Saga
- Alleged Police Misconduct At Ablor Adjei In Ashongman
- MoE Gets Clearance To Recruit 22,802 Staff This Year
¦ Page 1 ¦ Page 2 ¦ Page 3 ¦ Page 4 ¦ Page 5 ¦ Page 6 ¦ Page 7 ¦ Page 8 ¦ Page 9 ¦ Page 10 ¦ Page 11 ¦ Page 12 ¦ Page 13 ¦ Page 14 ¦ Page 15 ¦ Page 16 ¦ Page 17 ¦ Page 18 ¦ Page 19 ¦ Page 20 ¦ Page 21 ¦ Page 22 ¦ Page 23 ¦ Page 24 ¦ Page 25 ¦ Page 26 ¦ Page 27 ¦ Page 28 ¦ Page 29 ¦ Page 30 ¦ Page 31 ¦