Provisional results of private WASSCE candidates out
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the provisional results of 128, 707 candidates who took the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates, in 2016.
The results of 668 candidates alleged to have been involved in various malpractices have, however, been withheld pending the conclusion of investigations into the cases.
A statement signed by Mrs Agnes Teye-Cudjoe, the Deputy Director, Public Affairs WAEC, and copied to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) on Thursday, said the candidates could access their results online at www.waecgh.org.
It said that the withheld results would be released as soon as the Council had concluded its investigations.
"The Council wishes to use this opportunity to alert members of the public to be wary of the activities of fraudsters who contact candidates with the promise of bettering their results for a fee payable through mobile money transfers," the statement said.
It said the Council's results database was well secured, therefore, all forged results could be detected by the confirmation/verification system.
The Council advised institutions and organizations to confirm or verify results presented to them directly from the Council or access the confirmation/verification service online at the WAEC website.
Published by GWS Online GH : 2016-12-24
News Archive - Recent Articles
- EU Delegation To Mark 30th Anniversary Of The Erasmus Programme
- Pastor Duped In Recruitment Scam
- Ministry Of Health To Review Bonding Of Nurses
- Minister Assures Unemployed Nurses Of Recruitment
- Nurses Demand Dismissal Of 'incompetent' Health Minister
- Council Of State Member Launches Scholarship For University Of Ghana
- Reduce BECE Subjects To Ensure Greater Results - Patrick Awuah
- We Are Not Recruiting Now - Prisons Service
- NLA Ready To 'embrace' Illegal Lotto Operators
- Suspected Ritual Murder Of WASSCE Candidate And Parents At Residence In Lagos, Nigeria