WAEC withholds results of 668 NOV/DEC WASSCE candidates
The West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) has released results of 128,707 private candidates who took part in the 2016 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) popularly referred to as NOV/DEC.
WAEC has however withheld results of 668 candidates who it believes indulged in examination malpractices.
A statement from WAEC and signed by its Deputy Director, Public Affairs said the withheld results will be released after conclusion of investigations.
"The results of 668 candidates alleged to have been involved in various examination malpractices have been withheld pending the conclusion of investigations into the cases of malpractices. The withheld results will be released as soon as the Council concludes its investigations," the statement added.
The Council however assured that its database is well secured and that "all forged results can be detected by the confirmation/verification system."
It further urged institutions and organisations to verify results presented to them directly from WAEC or via its website www.waecgh.org where candidates may access their results.
WAEC cancels 1,576 results
WAEC in August, 2016 cancelled some results of 1,576 candidates who took part in the main WASSCE exams while 598 candidates had their entire results cancelled.
Reports of widespread leakages in the examinations compelled WAEC to tighten its security measures.
At least three papers according to WAEC, were "compromised," but the council did not cancel any of the papers when the issue emanated.
Godwin A. Allotey/citifmonline
Published by GWS Online GH : 2016-12-22
News Archive - Recent Articles
- EU Delegation To Mark 30th Anniversary Of The Erasmus Programme
- Pastor Duped In Recruitment Scam
- Ministry Of Health To Review Bonding Of Nurses
- Minister Assures Unemployed Nurses Of Recruitment
- Nurses Demand Dismissal Of 'incompetent' Health Minister
- Council Of State Member Launches Scholarship For University Of Ghana
- Reduce BECE Subjects To Ensure Greater Results - Patrick Awuah
- We Are Not Recruiting Now - Prisons Service
- NLA Ready To 'embrace' Illegal Lotto Operators
- Suspected Ritual Murder Of WASSCE Candidate And Parents At Residence In Lagos, Nigeria